Read While Mortals Sleep by Jack Cavanaugh Free Online
Book Title: While Mortals Sleep|
The author of the book: Jack Cavanaugh
ISBN 13: 9780764223075
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 2.18 MB
Edition: Bethany House Publishers
Date of issue: September 1st 2001
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2927 times
Reader ratings: 4.8
Read full description of the books:
IT WAS AMAZING. I have no words as of now. This book blew me away - it crumpled up my heart, made me sob, made me smile, made me make a 'gah-stoppit'-face. (I made quite a few of 'gah-stoppit-faces' while reading this book.)
The first 250 pages were really good. BUT THEN. THE LAST THIRD WAS MINDBLOWING. Really so gosh darn good. Just gah stoppit. (I'm not making any sense. Let's start with the proper-looking lists, shall we? One must make stuff look orderly.)
What I loved:
1. THE ENDING. BEST ENDING EVER.
2. JOSEPH. I LOVE THE GUYYYY. He makes brilliant sermons.
3. What I love about Jack Cavanaugh (so far I've only read 2 of his books, but still) is that the book starts with the main characters' romance as a married couple. That's original and it SHOWS that those kind of romances can also make for a very romantic and cute and adorable plot line. AND IN THE END THEY'RE REALLY IN LOVE AND TEARS WERE FALLING.
4. I cried a lot.
5. Especially when she told her father that his granddaughter was deaf. I... I - that was so powerful. SO.
6. MADY. She was amazing. In the beginning she seemed to lack character; but by the end I loved her to bits. And the pregnancy scene was amazingly written. Goodness, it was tense and real and good.
7. LISBETHHHHH. I LOVE HER. SHE'S MY FRIEND.
8. I didn't LOVE all of it (some bits in the first half were kind of like, 'okay this is good, but not amazing') but in the whole this book blew me away, and I think everyone should read it. Goodness, I want all of Jack Cavanaugh's books now.
9. Oh, and the bit where he sees Hitler was so well written. Because it made one understand WHY and HOW so many millions of people did get so taken away by the guy. Because we normally just go like, 'ugh, those stupid brainwashed people, why did they listen to him' but there was a reason why he was so popular. That chapter showed that very cleverly. It definitely didn't make me like Hitler (that's NOT possible) but it made me understand why he APPEARED cool at the time. SO YEAH.
10. OH. OH.
WHEN JOSEPH RANTS AFTER CHURCH. "This is pathetic!"
He did an amazing job.
What I didn't like:
2. Are there things?
3. I suppose I could complain about the fact that I thought it took me a while to get into it. And that the first half wasn't amazing. Just really good. (Heh. It's so ironic when I list 'It was really good; not amazing' in the 'what I didn't like' list. Very funny.)
4. I could have done with more romance - like, maybe make Lisbeth and Konrad have something. But maybe that happens in book 2.
5. Oh, and I think the cover is ugly. I do. This book deserves a fancy, pretty, brilliant one. And a movie.
I REALLY NEED THE SECOND BOOK SO BADLY.
Just now. (Thank goodness I have money now. It was my birthday last week. (This was definitely the best present, this book.))
Download While Mortals Sleep ERUB
Download While Mortals Sleep DOC
Download While Mortals Sleep TXT
Read information about the authorJack Cavanaugh is an award-winning, full-time freelance author with twenty-five published novels to his credit. His nine-volume American Family Portrait series spans the history of a nation from 1630 to the present and is still in print nearly fifteen years following its release.
A student of the novel for more than a quarter of a century, Jack takes his craft seriously, continuing to study and teach at Christian writers conferences. He is the former pastor of three churches in San Diego County and draws upon his theological background for the spiritual elements of his plots and characters.
His novels have been translated into a dozen foreign languages, largely because of the universal scope of his topics. Jack has not only written about American history, but about South Africa, banned English Bibles, German Christians in the days of Hitler and Communism, revivals in America, and angelic warfare.
Jack’s current writing schedule includes motion picture screenplays and e-book serial fiction with Internet distribution. His novel Death Watch has been optioned to be made into a motion picture by Out Cold Entertainment, Inc.
Jack has three grown children and lives with his wife in Southern California.
• Silver Medallion Award (1995), Christian Booksellers Association
• Christy Award (2002, 2003), Excellence in Christian Fiction
• Silver Angel Award (2002), Excellence in Media
• Gold Medal, Best Historical (2001), ForeWord Magazine
• Best Historical Novel (1994), San Diego Literary Society
• Best Novel (1995, 1996, 2005), San Diego Christian Writers Guild
Reviews of the While Mortals Sleep
Add a comment
Download EBOOK While Mortals Sleep by Jack Cavanaugh Online free